The University of Arizona in partnership with Cox Communications, presents Connect2STEM 2017 - a free event that is focused on inspiring kids about science, technology, engineering, math - and medicine with over 100+ hands-on STEM activities where guests can touch synthetic cadavers, explore real space equipment, and network with STEM professionals.
The third annual Connect2STEM will take place from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Saturday, January 28, 2017 at the UA College of Medicine - Phoenix, located in downtown Phoenix at 435 N. Van Buren Street, Phoenix (NE Corner of 5th St. and Van Buren).
Connect2STEM will feature five hands-on activity zones:
* Bioscience Zone: Touch, feel and discover the human body like never before. See the biomechanics of a life-sized synthetic cadaver that can talk, breathe, bleed and sweat.
* Nature Zone: Get down and dirty with UA master gardeners and splash around in the Wildcat Water Lab.
* Outer Space/Technology Zone: Calling all amateur astronomers! Learn about OSRIS-Rex, a mission to bring pieces of the asteroid "Bennu" back to earth.
* Cox Gig Zone: Enjoy gaming stations, coloring contests and giveaways. Learn about the science of GIGABLAST services getting to your home. Be on the lookout for a special appearance by Digeez, the COX mascot.
* Wildcat Spirit Zone: Bear Down! Meet Wilbur and Wilma Wildcat, mingle with fellow alumni and bounce around on the UA Inflatable.
Feb. 11th - Apr. 2nd
The Arizona Renaissance Festival is a medieval amusement park, a 12-stage theater, a 30-acre circus, an arts and crafts fair, a jousting tournament and a feast -- all rolled into one non-stop, day-long family adventure!
Join author and reading specialist Kristin Cetone and her character, Buckaroo Buckeye, for a reading of her award-winning children's book, "Buckaroo Buckeye - A Little Nut with Big Dreams," on World Read Aloud Day at Inspire Kids Montessori! Buckaroo Buckeye tells the touching tale of a little buckeye nut who falls from his tree in Ohio to embark on a magical journey to find his self-worth and place in the world. As he encounters the bumps and bullies along the way, Buckaroo discovers that anyone can "dream, believe and achieve" no matter their size! Includes positive messaging for young children about self-esteem and how to ignore bullies.
For ages 4-8 and parents. Free to the public. Please RSVP to (480) 659-9402. Space is limited. Times: 10-11 am.